Date: March 15, 2019
Time: 8:15 am
Location: Adelphi University
Held every spring, the CAP conference brings together counselors, parents, administrators and experts to discuss important issues in our community.
Nassau Counselors’ Association Presents the 2019 Counselors, Administrators and Parents (CAP) Conference: Trauma Sensitive Schools
Responding to the NYS Mental Health and Counseling mandates, join us as we explore ways to build schools that address the social-emotional needs of all students. By implementing trauma-sensitive policies, procedures, and practices we can learn how to create an environment where students and faculty feel heard, protected, and safe.
More information regarding registration and program details will be available soon at the CAP websiteAttendance at this event is free.
|8:15 a.m.–8:45 a.m.||Registration and Breakfast|
|8:45 a.m.–9:05 a.m.||Welcoming Remarks|
|9:10 a.m.–10:30 a.m.||Keynote Presentation:
|10:35 a.m.–11:35 a.m.||Workshop Session I
|11:35 a.m.–11:50 a.m.||Coffee Break and Networking Fair (ongoing)|
|11:50 a.m.–12:50 p.m.||Workshop Session II
|12:50 p.m.–1:15 p.m.||Lunch (ongoing)|
|1:15 p.m.–2:15 p.m.||Feature Presentation:
|2:20 p.m.||Raffles and Certificates of Attendance|
Past CAP Events:
CAP 2018- Emerging Faces of Mental Illness and Substance Abuse
- Terence J. Houlihan, M.S.Ed., Houlihan Educational Consultants
- Diane F. Sweet, LCSW
- Steven Dodge, CASAC
- Larry Glenz
CAP 2017- College and Career Readiness: Unlocking the Pathways to Success
- Dr. Susan Berry Brill de Ramírez, Professor of English at Bradley University
- Susan H. Grubing and Ellen Palazzo from the CTE Technical Assistance Center of NY.
CAP 2016- The Under Resourced: Strategies for Family and Student Engagement
- Dr. Bethanie Hamlet Tucker, Professor of Education at Averett University
- Joy Connolly, the Directory of Education Program Services at Child Care Council of Nassau, Inc.
For More Information about this event, please contact: