In 1955, the Long Island Personnel and Guidance Association was formed to meet the needs of individuals working or interested in the counseling and/or human development areas. In 1982 the name of the organization was changed to the Nassau Counselors' Association. As a chapter of the New York Counseling Association, NCA continues to meet the professional needs of its members through an ever-widening and expanding variety of programs and activities. Since its inception it has continually increased its membership and now has nearly 700 members each year.
|President Elect||Frank Pizzardi|
|Membership Chair||Natasha Khan|
|Program Chair||Meghan Schlosser|
|Administrator Of The Year||Jayne Gordon|
|CAP Conference||Susan Ellis/Kathleen Blakeley/Kathleen Dunne|
|Career Day||Christine Krut/Kelly Walters|
|College Counselor Of Year||Dave Follick|
|College Counselor Representative||David Seinfeld|
|Counselor Ed Representative||Susan Sklar|
|Counselor Ed Scholarships||Mona Allen|
|Counselor Of The Year||Christina Koromi|
|End of the Year Awards Dinner||Tara Hamilton|
|Exemplary Practices||Paula Curci|
|Fall College Expo||Candice Mahaffy/Joy D'Anca|
|High School Representative||Natasha Khan|
|High School Scholarships||Kim Webb|
|Holiday Meeting||Rosemarie Alario/Christine Stamberg|
|JHS/MS Rep||Rosemarie Alario|
|Elementary Rep||Amanda Gimundo|
|Kickoff Meeting||Marguerite Lane|
|LICAC Liason||Christina Angelillo|
|Mini Grants||Seeta Ramprasad|
|New Counselor/ Intern Workshop||Joe Izzo|
|PAC: Immediate Past-President||Sue Moller|
|Retired Counselor Rep & Luncheon||Cynthia Rossi|
|Social Media||Sue Moller|
|Spring College Expo||Donna Orleman/Sunil Samuel|
|Stu Agins Award||Cynthia Rossi|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Elizabeth Bartels|
|Website||Sue Moller/Elizabeth Bartels|
- Elementary School Counselors
- Middle School and Junior High School Counselors
- High School Counselors
- College Counselors
- College Admissions Counselors
- Counselors of Special Groups
- Agency Counselors
- Private Counselors
- Directors of Guidance
- Counselor Educators
- Mental Health Counselors
- Social Workers and Psychologists
- Retired Counselors
- Counselor Education Graduate Students
- Persons interested in and/or supporters of the Counseling Program
- Professional development by participation in its many meeting and conferences.
- Discount registration fees at all NCA programs.
- Opportunity to network and interact with colleagues.
- Opportunity to receive the NCA annual directory of all memberships.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant legislative news and other matters of interest to the profession at the Federal and State level.
- Ability to submit ideas to your state professional organization.