In 1955, the Long Island Personnel and Guidance Association was formed to meet the needs of individuals working or interested in the counseling and/or human development areas. In 1982 the name of the organization was changed to the Nassau Counselors' Association. As a chapter of the New York Counseling Association, NCA continues to meet the professional needs of its members through an ever-widening and expanding variety of programs and activities. Since its inception it has continually increased its membership and now has nearly 700 members each year.
|President Elect||Rosemarie Alario|
|Program Chair||Kathleen Dunne|
- Elementary School Counselors
- Middle School and Junior High School Counselors
- High School Counselors
- College Counselors
- College Admissions Counselors
- Counselors of Special Groups
- Agency Counselors
- Private Counselors
- Directors of Guidance
- Counselor Educators
- Mental Health Counselors
- Social Workers and Psychologists
- Retired Counselors
- Counselor Education Graduate Students
- Persons interested in and/or supporters of the Counseling Program
- Professional development by participation in its many meeting and conferences.
- Discount registration fees at all NCA programs.
- Opportunity to network and interact with colleagues.
- Opportunity to receive the NCA annual directory of all memberships.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant legislative news and other matters of interest to the profession at the Federal and State level.
- Ability to submit ideas to your state professional organization.